Home and the 6 be's

Friday, February 6, 2009

Emie the Klutz

Well we all know Emie is a klutz...she finds trouble. She gets stuck in chairs, and gets black eyes before pictures and falls all the time. She is just trying to keep up with "the others" as I will refer to them in this post.

Well tonight while Emie was playing with a couple of "the others" she fell off the couch and hit her head pretty hard on the coffee table. My first thought was what happened what were you guys doing. When I went in to investigate "the others" were no where to be found? Umm...Hello what happened in here! We don't know we weren't in there. So off course I go in there and pick Emie up and see the GASH on her forehead. Oh CRAP! Justin!

Justin comes out we lay Emie on the table to get a good look and see this:
(WARNING: graphic pictures coming)
Yep a pretty bad gash in her head! Justin and I don't know where an Urgent Care is we haven't needed to know this so we get onto the BCBS website to see !Luckily Justin's brother Devon was here and he was kind enough to stay with "the others" while we took Emie on over to UC.
The wait wasn't so bad...Emie made a friend with a very nice woman and she had the nurses and Dr. wrapped around her fingers she was a brave little thing! She got 3 stitches in her head and a lot of love and stickers!
This is her messing around on the bed right
before the Dr. came in. P.S. she almost fell
off this bed!
This is right before the stitches!
all bundled up so she couldn't make it harder!
This is right after everything was all done!
I always knew I would be visiting the ER or UC I never thought it would be for Emie or Michelle I honestly always thought Parker would be "the one" you know to give me white hair when I am only 32 I guess in a way he has!! Anyway Emie is doing great now, I will be waking her in a couple of hours to check for signs of a concussion which means I won't get tons of sleep, which also means that "the others" better be really good tomorrow!
P.S. I tried to get a big space between the warning and the first picture but blogger kept fixing "my Mistake" sorry !

5 comments:

Hatch's said...

When I said in a previous comment that "that girl would be the death of you" I didn't mean for it to be a foreshadowing of future strife. From now on I will keep my comments positive.

Hatch's said...

p.s. I just used Emie as a lesson to teach my kids about not jumping on the furniture. Sorry but the opportunity was there!

meghannamarie said...

Did they go for it at least?

Koi said...

Wow! How was that not gushing blood? Poor Emmie. Hopefully it won't leave a scar, but she's little so it will most likely fade.

Smamy said...

Poor Emie! Dallin did something like that at Hyla's wedding reception. Fortunately for us, Peggy Evans was there and helped to patch him up without stitches. How many did she have to get?

My Family

My Family

Cute Idea!