Home and the 6 be's

Friday, July 25, 2008

Karate?

Last week we got a call from Arizona's Best Karate place saying we had a month of free lessons (courtesy of Laurel Rencher). Justin looked at me with my do you really want to sign the boys up for karate look, and said I thought it would be a good idea. I thought for a minute and came to the conclusion that Michelle has taken dance and is now in piano lessons and has had the extra curricular activities so I think the boys ought to have something. We also figured that Parker would totally benefit from the discipline that karate would give him...we hope! So we went to the first lesson and Parker of course didn't even want to get dressed but he enjoyed the lesson and Eli just thought it was a time to be very silly! Anyway Yesterday Justin and I went to the "sales meeting" where "Master Preston" sold us on the program. So Eli and Parker will be taking karate 1 day a week for the next year. YEAR? yep not so bad I hope! If I can remember to get them to the lessons on time. Last week I got dinner on the table and fed the family by 6:00 and then got Parker ready to go to class arrived at the school and was told I was an hour late! oops hence I am only doing this 1 day a week I can't afford 2 days and I also can't remember twice a week! Anyway here are some pictures of the boys that we got on the first free day of school!
These pictures were taken by my not great camera so if you have to see the boys go ahead and click on them image
Eli at attention! Eli Punching! Eli getting his first belt!
Parker punching! Parker Rolling! Parker getting his first belt!
The little girl would not get out
of the shot!




4 comments:

Hatch's said...

I think you got sold on that too. Great idea for both boys but for different reasons.!

Kandice and Rob said...

You are a brave woman! I can't imagine what would happen to my house if my kids took karate.

Kachelle said...

that will be so much fun for them!!

Smamy said...

Laurie told me that she put you guys down. I'm glad that it worked out though. I'm sure that the boys will love it! Dallin's been in Tae Kwon Do here for a year or so, and he likes it, It's nice to have an OK outlet for that "boy energy". But he decided that he wants to play soccer this year instead. Whatever...

My Family

My Family

Cute Idea!